Friday, May 15, 2009

Off Topic, an ironic rant about Twitter advice from bloggers

I know, I know, I've been promising actual content to all (3) of my readers for weeks now. I've got some stuff in the works, a meta post with various updates and musings. I'm currently waiting my DroboPro (alas, not free) shipment to write a real article about trying to get it to play with VMWare ESX and some non-scientific performance stats. But that's not why I'm here now!

No, I am here because I've become irritated about blog posts from the "technorati" expounding on their detailed criteria to get you, the common plebeian, followed by them. I say.. enough already. Seriously. The universal rule should be, do you have interesting things to say? If so, people who find them interesting will follow you.

So far, my favorite bit of advise from these neo-sages is to make sure you are active so you're @ replying a lot. Yeah, ok. I've looked at the tweets from some of these people. Half of what they say is replies to other people I'm not following. So you get this disjointed mess of random half conversations.

Before Twitter, society used to have a term for that: Crazy dude at the bus station.

No comments:

Post a Comment